On Friday 20 March 2020, we celebrated Harmony Day. While we were unable to enjoy the whole school activities and shared cultural lunch originally planned, we were still able to highlight the importance of diversity, put our school values into action, promote participation, and enjoy learning together in harmony.
Did you know?
- Nearly half (49 per cent) of Australians were born overseas or have at least one parent who was.
- Since 1945, more than 7.5 million people have migrated to Australia.
- 85 per cent of Australians agree multiculturalism has been good for Australia.
- The most common languages (other than English) spoken in Australia are Mandarin, Arabic, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Italian, Greek, Tagalog/Filipino, Hindi, Spanish and Punjabi.
- More than 70 Indigenous languages are spoken in Australia.
(Data from 2016 ABS Census, Australian Bureau of Statistics website)
The diverse cultures in our Warradale school community are worth celebrating and we thank you for your on-going care, support and cooperation in these exceptional times.
Yours in harmony,